Thursday, February 28, 2008

Favorite Recipe

I wanted to post about a fav. of mine. Quick, easy, cheap. I usually do it for lunch.

1 WW pita
1-2 TBS of your favorite BBQ sauce
2-3 handfuls of sliced peppers (red, green, orange ect)
onions if you like
what ever point value of cheese (I like Mozz. best) you like

lay your pita flat, smear your BBQ sauce on it, toss on your peppers/onions, sprinkle with your cheese, pop under the broiler for 3-5min or until cheese is bubbly and yummy. Slice up like a pizza and enjoy. It's so yummy! and you can really vary the point value on it if you like. It's great with some chicken too. I'll take a pic next time I make it (diner maybe??) and post that, I know that always temps people in to trying recipes.

While I'm on the recipe kick, here is another I just made up and LOVE. (the kids loved it too!)

Spaghetti (what ever point value you like, I do 4- 1cup)
1-2 cups frozen veggies (I like the long green+yellow beans with carrots)
Parmesan cheese ( I usually do 2 tbs = 2pts)
Grated Mozz cheese ( I use about 30g = 2pts)

Toss all together. It's so yummy!!! I will sometimes add a tsp of butter, just to yum it up a bit. I love that is cheap, easy, fast and most ingredients on hand.

No comments: