Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Am I ever going to work out again?

I just can't get back to the gym, and it's not for lack of wanting. I was fully prepared to go today, bag all packed by the front door, MP3 player updated with new songs (lots of old skool R&B remixs, yea baby), and a genuine excitement to go. But.....

I was up all night with the worst earache in history. I mean it HURT! So much I came down to the internet to see what I could do. Let me tell you I found some pretty weird 'natural' methods to help:
1) pee in a cup and put a couple drops of your own urine in your ear {EWWWW}
2) try a couple drops of mouthwash in your ears {mmm hubby might get the wrong idea}
3) cut an onion in half and stick it on your ear. {husband would think I fell off the rocker}

What I opted to try and I think helped (or could have been the 3 extra strength Advil I downed) was a few drops of warm olive oil in my ear, and a hot compress. I also found I needed to sleep elevated. Doing this afforded me 4h of sleep. I then sat in the emerg. room for 3+ hours to get a much needed perscription. If it doesn't work, don't be suprized to see and extra long post tonights, or lots of comments on your blogs.

So needless to say I didn't make it to the gym, and not sure when i'll be back. This really urks me. If you are able to go, go for me. Pleeeeeeeese.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry that you aren't feeling well. I promise that if I could go (I've had a stomach flu - yeah for puking *insert sarcasm as needed*) I would work extra hard for you. Don't worry you will feel better soon and be able to get right back in there. Just remember to listen to your body and rest when it tells you too!!

GeT WeLl SoOn!!