Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Guess What I Did Today...

Yes, I set foot in my local gym. First time in a while (prob 1.5y!!) I stopped going for a couple reasons
a)2 summers ago I attempted to run a 5k, failed miserably, went on vacation afterwards, and this was the start to a HUGE downward spiral for myself.
b)it's expensive with 3 kid... they do offer child minding, but with 2-3 kids in it, it adds up. Today my bill was $15 (for my pass and child minding) so do that 2-3X a week equals about $120-$180 a month, which is kinda a lot for a 1 income family.

But I'm going to crunch #'s and see what I can come up with. If I go while 1 child is in Pre-School then I only have to pay for 2 kids, and if I get a 4m-1y pass it's cheaper, but then there is the inital cost as well.

Anyways it felt good, I walked on the treadmill for 30min at an incline and got a good sweat on. Then I did 10min on the eliptial mch. I really don't like eliptials, I feel like they don't really do anything.. but they only had 1 upright bike at the moment ( read some sign about more being on order). So it felt really great to sweat, and i've booked my kids in to child minding on thurs so well see if we can make it a twice this week thing.

1 comment:

Colette said...

You Go Girl!!! I will admit I have not been in the gym in months myself, but it's because I am soo busy with my kids and basically I am lazy... Once it warms up though I am going to start walking in the park!!! :)

Keep up the good work!