Thursday, August 16, 2007

Can anybody say "Stress"?

So I am still here, we were out of town till later last night...I am back on the wagon today, though I haven't journals yet today...I got on the scale and it wasn't too scary, sitting around 250-249.4 so I a pleased with that after a few days of off program. So I am sure after a few days back OP and drinking water again I will be where I should be.

So I need to vent, I feel like there is so much going on in my personal life I am going to burst. If it isn't one thing, it's another...
We went on a visit to look at possibly adopting our dd 1/2 sister (we adopted dd as a newborn). She is 19m old and I am scared at the thought of the challenges of bringing a toddler in to a home with an existing toddler (they are 11m 3w apart). I wonder how my dd will do, I worry about attachment with the new one...and just all of a sudden being a family of 4! Some tuff life decisions we've been contiplating the past couple weeks. We have decided to move forward with this adoption.

So I get home last night and there is an email from my Dad (step) basically giving me the guilty treatment because my last visit down he felt I didn't make an effort to talk to him (we did diner). I guess he wanted to talk about his will. Basically he threatened to leave me zero if I continue to "ignore" him. (I was the one to email him last week after not hearing from him in forever, and I mostly initiate the calling). He also does not want to leave me money for fear of me tithing some of it. He knows we pay tithing and strongly does not want any monies to go to "that church". He ends with a "you can tell I was really disappointed". I emailed him back and said to me it's not about the $$, I could care less. I care that you don't seem to be involved in mine and his gd life. He's more concerned he didn't get to talk to me about $$ than being able to spend much time with his gd. He's always been a bit manipulative, and I find it so hard to 'stand up' to him. Uhhhhg I hate dealing with crap like this. I'm surprised that I haven't gained 10lbs in stress eating.

And on a good note, we FINALLY have a firm sale on our renovation property. It's been such a stress having it and dealing with it. But we should close on Sept. 14th so I am sooo excited about this. Plus we are having a fence built as we speak so I can actually go outside with my dd and not be scared of her running away!!

So I am here, back, and back on track. I was hoping to be in the 30's for this wedding in 2 weeks, but I'll be happy if I can be about 245, another 5lbs will still make a difference.

Now off to check up on everybody else. Thanks for listing, sorry for venting!

3 comments:

The Price's Wife said...

Glad to have you back... you are one of my favorite reads for sure. I'm also glad to hear that you're back on the wagon too... It gets lonely without you!

I'm sorry to hear that your dad is being a poop. It sounds like you're handling it as well as you possibly can though. As for the adoption thing... I can't begin to understand the stresses that must be involved in the adoption process, but I do think that the stress that adding a kid to the family can bring is always short lived... You know, you just adjust your life accordingly and eventually everyone gets used to the changes. Another little girl sounds WONDERFUL!

Yana said...

I send you peace and positivity. In addition to your weight loss, you really do have a lot on your plate.

I wish you well with your father and your decision to adopt another child.

Be well,
Dai

Anonymous said...

If you can't vent here, where can you? That is what your blog is for!

Congrats on adopting again. That is a big challenge and a big change, but I have confidence you will do GREAT!!!

Sorry about your step-dad...it sucks when some family members only think about money. You can only do what is best for you and your family. Sounds like you tried to reach out to him...but you can only do so much! Know what I mean? Hang in there! ((hugs))

Congrats on the sale of the property! I know you will be happy to get that gorilla off your back! ;)

And congrats for getting back OP...seems the hardest to do after a couple of days off, so blog and ask us for motivation as much as you need to! We are all here for you! Hope you have a good weekend!