Sunday, June 6, 2010

So..

been a bit frusterated as I didn't lose this week and may have but a pound on actually. In my mind i've been eating great and doing 'everything right'. So i've decided to go back to sparkpeople and continue to count calories, while eating clean. Just to make sure i'm hitting all my *markers*. So just for fun I started entering calories today. And I know I splurged a bit, but when I entered my caloires, I ate 1300 at lunch. hmmm that could be a very good reason, that my perseption of how much i'm eatting has gotten a bit out of wack. So sounds like it's a good idea for me to get back on the calorie counting wagon!

Another dilema of mine, my girls (4+5) are now done preschool for the year. I was using the mornings when they were in preschool (3 mornings a week, 9:15am-11:15am) to hit the gym, then I only had to put 2 kids in child minding. Well now I need to put all 3 in everytime I want to go to the gym, which costs me $9 everytime I go!! ($3/h x 3kids) never mind my membership on top of that. So for now i'll plan to go mon,wed,fri. and hope to squeeze in other work outs if hubby gets home from work early or just doing interval training at home.

So today at Church I got a few people commenting on my weight loss. After 7months and 42lbs it's about time, lol. It just goes to show it's a slow process, but so nice that my efforts are starting to show now. Made me happy :)

1 comment:

Colette said...

Lara,
Thanks for the comments. I did check by burn calorie range and it said my
Maintenance: 2074 Calories/day
Fat Loss: 1776 Calories/day

So I decided to do the 1200 to 1500 calories a day. Honestly I have been hitting around 1100 a day. I know I will have some days I will be hungry and some days I will not be so I think if I just go with the flow and do the zig/zag method meaning more calories one day than the next I will be able to avoid any plateaus!! We will see. I just started it saturday and your right. When you count your calories your definately more mindful how you use them.
Stress seems to be a huge factor in how I eat, especially where my 15 yo son is concerned! :(
Here is my email: rooster70460@yahoo.com
Email me and we can encourage each other. I only say this because there are some things I don't want to post publicly!!! And I can send ya some pics of the cruise!!
Keep up the good work. I am struggling but refuse to give up!
Colette