Thursday, December 27, 2007

How Cliche...

I feel like everyone else who will 'get back on the wagon' and have the same New Year's resolutions...but oh well.

I have been holding pretty well I think. I have not been on the scale for a while, and will do so as soon as AF leaves..but I went shopping yesterday. (In Canada, the day after Christmas is our big shopping day) and I bought some jeans, one pair in a 20, the other in an 18 and they both fit and are wearable in public places!!! Last year this time I was wearing a tight 22, sometimes 24!!!! So quite happy. I bought jeans not too long ago, prob. 6m ago and they were 22's but loose/comfortable and it wasn't very long till they were just too big. So I am quite excited that I can get 18's on and done up but just need a bit more to get they comfortable. Yaaaa for me.

So my new goal is to be under 200 by my 35th b-day the begining of June. I was hopign to be that for Christmas/New Years, but life happens eh? It is doable, just hope I can work in a plan and exercise and maintain it. I know I can it's just a matter of doing it, wanting it bad enough to do it.

Everybody who reads this, who has ever dieted, we all KNOW what to do. We all KNOW how to do it, we just lack the 'stay power' and/or DAILY motivation. It's not that we are missing some magic weight lose key, that we haven't' been told the secret way to shed pounds. It's simple. Eat healthily, balanced meals. Consume a lower caloric intake that what we naturally burn, and exercise. Do what are bodies are made for, moving, doing things. Our bodies weren't designed to lie on the couch and be still.

Ahhh I talk a good game. Now can I cash the check my mouth has been writing, we'll see....

Oh and I forgot to tell you ladies...I won a cookie baking contest here in my city. It was put on by the local radio station. I got a gift certificate for $100 at a grocery store. I was quite excited! I made a yummy peanut butter cookie with a Reese buttercup piece in side. They are super good, if I do say so. The announcer even said it was unanimous!

1 comment:

Swizzlepop said...

Congrats on winning the contest that is so cool! And WOOHOO on the new size jeans. At least you're still headed in the right direction even if you haven't been logging.